All of our framing is done in-house using vintage and contemporary frames. From our large collection of period frames we can restore any frame to your taste and match it to the period of the artwork. Our contemporary frame selection is carefully curated to offer both contemporary and classic 20th Century designs. Each piece that goes through our framing department is cleaned, restored, and stretched as needed. We use archival materials and every piece is finished with hardware and is ready to hang.
Many clients and designers we work with are located out of the area, so we offer our framing and art curation services remotely by email and video chat. This is a brief overview of our remote process:
- We review your design needs and the pieces you have selected from the collection.
- We follow up with an email or video chat consultation with you to get a better sense of your space, needs, and personal style.
We review our vintage and contemporary frame options and create a framing proposal and a wall grouping proposal (if requested).
- We present these proposals to you during our next remote meeting.
- Once you have decided on the framing and/or how the pieces will be curated, we send you an invoice for the framing costs and any shipping if needed.
- After the invoice is paid we send your pieces to the Framing Department and update you with an estimated completion date.
- If you decide on a wall grouping we will provide you with all our tips and tricks on how to create a beautiful arrangement!
This is what we will discuss during a framing review:
- A frame for each piece.
- The mat size, color and any other details like spacers, etc...
We know how daunting framing can be, and we will walk you through the entire process of choosing the right frame for your piece, and importantly, one that will fit the big-picture aesthetic of your home or project. This is a collaborative process and we want to ensure that your personal sense of style is reflected in the framing of every piece.
We welcome the framing of any piece purchased through Lost Art Salon but at the moment are not taking outside projects.
If you can’t find the piece you are looking for on our website (in terms of subject matter, size, or style etc.) please reach out to us. We have over 10,000 original pieces in our extensive collection and we are always happy to look for that dream piece. With over 15 years of experience in framing and curation, we can assure you that our team will be here to advise you on the process of selecting pieces, framing, and hanging your art from start to finish.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, price quotes, or to make an appointment for a framing review. We look forward to working with you and being part of your art journey.