This 1961 ink and watercolor scene of a lighthouse is by Expressionist West Coast artist Byron Randall (1918-1999). His work is held in permanent collections of the Phillips Collection, the California Palace of the Legion of Honor, the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, and the Oakland Museum of California. Randall traveled the world as a Merchant Marine during WWII. He lived in Mendocino, CA during the 1960s with his wife, Emmy Lou Packard, where they ran a guesthouse and art gallery. This piece was painted while Randall served in the Merchant Marines during World War II.